SWIM POLICIES 2020 FOR ANAHEIM HILLS LOCATION AND HOUSE CALLS
Parents must bring children to their swim classes.
If a child is not potty trained, they MUST wear a disposable swim diaper (the ones you throw away) plus a diaper cover (reusable/washable) to help prevent leaks.
There is no public restroom at the Anaheim Hills pool location. Please use the bathroom before the swim class at home. There is a grocery store nearby for emergencies and port-a-potty for little ones..
COVID-19 procedures and structure:
Here are some ways Little Kicks Swim School’s “normal” may look different.
There will be courtesy yard signs, lovingly displayed, for your safety and encouragement to….
- Practice social distancing
- Being courteous to the swimmer before you
- Slowly/stopping the spread
There will only be chairs for sitting in both separate waiting areas. These areas will be wiped down before the next swimmer arrives. Those waiting for their turn, please wait for the swimmer before you exit before heading over to enter the pool area. Those exiting the pool area, please make sure to do so in a timely manner for the next swimmer to start their class.
There will not be an area for changing so, please….
- Arrive on time, not early
- Be dressed and ready to swim (swim diapers, bathing suits, etc.)
- Take the child to the car to change after or wrap them in a robe and head home to change
A potty with liners will be on deck for emergencies only. Please make sure to use the bathroom at home before and after class. If needed, there is a grocery store very close for use before and after your class.
Mrs. Cerra will be wearing a face shield to protecting herself, parents, and children. Please show this picture below to the kids so they know what to expect. You are highly encouraged to wear a mask while waiting, entering and exiting the pool areas and hand sanitizer is also on deck for your use.
Please be so gracious to limit the number of visitors with you (parents, non-swimmers, friends, family, etc.) to help protect others, maintain a 6ft distance and slow the spread of the virus.
Please take your child’s temperature at home before you leave for class. If your child has a fever or is sick, please stay home and notify via text.
Weather cancelations: In case of weather (wind, rain, or cold) or an accident in the pool we may cancel lessons that morning or afternoon the day of class without owing a makeup.
Sick notice: Please DO NOT come to class if you are sick. Please text 714.726.4570 the same day/two hours before the class is appreciated to reschedule. Mrs. Cerra can also cancel the same day due to sickness, you will be notified as well.
- You must cancel and schedule lessons yourself from the online system. If you are on the schedule, you have a lesson and will be charged. However, if you are not on the schedule you do not have a lesson.
- We are not responsible for canceling the lessons for you or responsible if you did not get an email notification. It’s the parent/student responsibility to cancel/schedule lessons online. Days and times for swim are open for any student to take so please schedule as much in advance as you can. There are no refunds on swim lessons for days and times taken by other students.
- There is also no refund if your usual swim teacher is not available you must be willing to have a lesson by all LKSS instructors. You are NOT buying a swim package with a certain instructor but are buying a package through LKSS and may be assigned to any swimming instructor at any time needed. We understand children like to have the same teacher but if an instructor leaves we must be able to finish up the lessons with any instructor provided.
- Screaming is not allowed during a lesson. We understand children will cry and be upset at first during their first few visits but because of our neighborhood (Anaheim location), we must keep screaming at a minimum. If a lesson is stopped for screaming during a class, there will be a charge for that lesson. After the third lesson of screaming the child must be dismissed from all classes and no refund given.
- All children will get three warnings during a class that they must listen to their teacher. Not listening to the teacher could cause injury to themselves and the teacher. After three warnings (and intervention by the parent), the lesson will end, and there will be a charge for the lesson. After the third lesson of not listening to their teacher, the child must be dismissed from all classes without a refund.
PLEASE PURCHASE WITH CAUTION. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON SWIM LESSONS. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A REFUND.
- Regular packages are good for a one-year from the date purchased. Discount specials have certain restrictions when they expire. Swim specials will be posted on the website to purchase for special holidays (Black Friday, Christmas, and New Year). If you need a receipt for swim lessons please ask Cerra for one.
- With house calls (we come to you) you cannot schedule these lessons online, you must coordinate them with Miss Cerra and she will add them to your online schedule. Your pool must be heated to a minimum of 86 degrees. We do not travel to unheated pools. If a pool is too cold for the instructor and student the lesson will not continue and there will be a charge for the lesson (ex: the child is shivering or saying it’s too cold or instructors feet feel numb). We only teach at private, backyard pools. No community pools.
- If swim lessons cannot be completed during the year purchased because of weather they may be extended one more year and then they expire. Example: lessons purchased Feb 2014 will expire Feb 2016, etc. Lessons will expire on specials bought with expiration dates, no exceptions.
- There is street sweeping in Anaheim Hills on Tuesdays M-F 12:00-4 pm. Please do not park on the street during this time or you will get a ticket. Please park in the high school parking lot located close by. LKSS is not responsible if you are ticketed.
Swim lessons are not guaranteed that your child will be safe around bodies of water, or swimming pools. Yearly brush-ups are recommended to build a strong swimmer. It may take up to two to three years for a child to become a strong swimmer. We are here to help a child become comfortable and teach the skills that if faced in a dangerous situation around water they may help safe themselves until helps arrives.
Assumption of Risk, Release from Liability and Program Guideline Agreement
In consideration of being permitted by Little Kicks Swim School (Cerra Alicia Gfell) to participate in swim lessons, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Little Kicks Swim School (Cerra Alicia Gfell and Swim Instructors) on behalf of myself, my spouse, my significant other, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that my participation in Little Kicks Swim School (Cerra Alicia Gfell and Swim Instructors) swim lessons entail known and unknown risks that could result in physical or emotional injury or death.
The risks may include, but are not limited to: slip and fall, running on the deck, climbing out of the pool, jumping into the pool, head injuries, submerging underwater, use of pool equipment, emotional injury.
- Parents are 100% responsible for watching children not taking lessons. Children are to be at the parent’s side at all times. Children are not to be let loose to run around the pool or explore backyard areas. There is absolutely no running around the pool. Little Kicks Swim school (Cerra Alicia Gfell and Swim Instructors) are in no way responsible for injuries due to negligence. Injuries may include but are not limited to trip/slip, bruises or breaking of bones, facial injuries, or hospitalization or death.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks existing in this activity. My child’s participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless released parties from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Little Kicks Swim School (Cerra Alicia Gfell and Swim Instructors) equipment, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of released parties.
- Should Little Kicks Swim School (Cerra Alicia Gfell or Swim Instructors) or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume risk of any medical or physical condition that I or my child may have. Little Kicks Swim School (Cerra Alicia Gfell and Swim Instructors) will not be responsible for paying any medical bills or injuries the student may occur.
- I agree that if the participant is a minor, this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement is made on that minor participant and that all of the releases, waivers, and promises herein are binding on that minor participant. I represent that I have full authority as Parent, Relative, Friend, Grandparent, or Legal Guardian to bind the minor participate in this agreement.
Guidelines for Swimming Lessons:
- I will not be seen and have the willingness of “hide-out” of sight for swim lessons (as recommended by the Swim Instructor). This will help with the focus, cooperation, and bonding of student and swim teacher. If I don not follow these guidelines, the swim lesson will not continue and the lesson will be charged. If I am recommended to “hide-out” by the swim teacher, I will not be seen until the student and teacher exit the pool at the end of the swim lesson. If I come in too early, I am aware that my child may become upset, and the swim teacher may not be able to finish the lesson completely. The swim teacher will not continue the swim lesson, once the parent has been seen and the student is becoming upset and there will not be a makeup for the lost time.
- I understand that not all children learn at the same pace and it could take more than six lessons to become water and pool safe and there are no guarantees that the student will learn how to swim. If a child does not learn how to swim or becomes too uncontrollable the lessons cannot be refunded. There must be a 24-hour notice to cancel all swim lessons or there will be a charge unless in the case of illness. In the case of illness, the lesson must be removed from the teacher’s online schedule within two hours without a charge. The swim teacher must also give a two-hour notice to cancel a swim lesson. Members must check the online schedule two hours in advance, every day, to make sure the lessons are still being taught.
- There may need to be yearly brush-ups on swim lessons and pool safety. Once a child is pool safe, this does not mean the child will be able to save themselves, in case of an accident. Swim lessons are designed to build confidence and create pool awareness and a child should never swim unattended or be without supervision. With yearly brush-ups and practice outside of swim lessons, a child will hopefully in the case of an accident be able to save themselves of drowning.